Saturday, July 30, 2011

Do you believe in magic?












Title inspired by what Vickie Moreland, my dearest mother, won't stop singing since we boarded the "Disney Magic." We started off our last morning in Paris with delicious crepes for breakfast followed by the Jardin de Tulieres and other nearby clasic Paris sights and views that we had missed. Then we went to the Musee d'Orsay, the main impressionism museum in Paris, which is one of the most amazing museum's I have ever been to. The museum contained enough masterpieces that multiple rooms were dedicated to only one amazing impressionist at a time...rooms full of only Monet, rooms full of only Van Gogh, and possibly my favorite...rooms of only Degas. There was a huge collection of Degas sculptures of ballerinas. It occurred to me how much he really got ballet. Every statue's turn out and body alignment was done just right...I wished mine looked like his sculptures. When we finally dragged ourselves out of the museum, we walked through the shopping district while also stopping to view the occasional cathedral or landmark that we passed by. We boarded our overnight train from Paris to Barcelona at 8:30 p.m., and there we remained for the next 13 hours. It was cramped to say the least, and definitely a hilarious family adventure to say the least. This morning we dropped off our many, many bags at the port and explored Barcelona, a truly gorgeous city. The blend of the old and new architecture is unlike anything I have seen in any other city. We hit some of the major sites and then had paella for lunch by the beach. It was really fun (and necessary...not everyone spoke English like they did in France) to be able to communicate a little for a change. I'll go into more detail about the specific sights we saw in Barcelona when my internet isn't this awful, and I can post pictures. The city is too beautiful to try to describe in words...really might be one of my favorite cities I've ever visited. I couldn't stop saying how much I liked it. After lunch, we boarded the "Disney Magic," and we've had a great, relaxing first night. Holly and Tom, my aunt and cousin (who have been on 10 Disney cruises) are our personal cruise directors. Views of the ocean are beautiful, the salty breeze refreshing, the stars gorgeous...and of course, Mickey is just around the corner to make the magic happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment